Stakeholder consultations are a key component of this evaluation. The consultation process targets a representative group of stakeholders from the public sector, private sector and civil society, including trade unions, employers’ organisations and consumer organisations in order to ensure the views gathered are comprehensive and balanced.
The objectives of the consultations are:
- To contribute to the identification of sectors and groups which have benefited or have been negatively affected
as a result of the implementation of the FTA
- To analyse the reasons for such effects
- To contribute to the identification and the conduct of the case studies
Stakeholder contributions will be taken into account as the evaluation is carried out, and will be included in both quantitative and qualitative analyses, unless a stakeholder requests otherwise.
The following consultation activities were already carried out:
- Online public consultation: This consultation aimed to gather detailed views on the implementation of the EU-Korea FTA. The consultation was launched on December 8, 2016 and was open through March 6, 2017. The consultation was open to all stakeholders and full results can be accessed here. In addition to these results, supplementary notes were received from the following organisations:
- Survey on SMEs: This survey aimed to gather views on the impact of the EU-Korea FTA on small and medium-sized enterprises. The survey was launched on December 21, 2016 and was open through March 6, 2017.
- Survey on consumers: This survey aimed to gather views on the impact of the EU-Korea FTA on consumer interests and sustainable development. The survey was launched on December 21, 2016 and was open through March 6, 2017. The survey targeted consumer organisations and NGOs that work in the area of trade and sustainable development.
- Stakeholder workshop: A stakeholder workshop on the interim results of the evaluation of the EU-Korea FTA was held in Brussels on July 10, 2017. For more information, please see the workshop page.
The following consultation activities are still ongoing:
- In-depth interviews (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for an interview)
The full consultation strategy is available here.